Buongiorno a tutti! Here we are again at the start of a new transfer, can you believe it?! It still just seems so strange to me that it was 6 weeks ago that I first got here to Crotone, it does not feel that long at all. Luckily for me I will be sticking around :) I am happy to report that my new companion arrived safe and sound! She is fantastic, I am so excited to be working with her. Her name is Sorella Puzey and she is from Lehi, Utah. She is 21 years old and has been on her mission for about 7 months. She works so hard and just radiates light. Needless to say it should be a great transfer!
We have only been working together for a few days, but we have already seen huge miracles here in crotone. For starters, Slesia is making so much progress. In our lessons with her this week we focused mainly on Christ and His role in each of our lives. It has been a really interesting experience teaching her because a lot of these concepts and ideas aren't new to her, it's just that she's never felt for herself that they are actually true. It reminds me a lot of the talk "the music of the gospel" from this past general conference. Her whole life she has been taught a lot of the steps, but has never really felt the music for herself. But she is progressing more and more each day. She is continuing to read, pray, and come to church, and with each of those she is feeling the spirit increasingly. It has been really incredible to see how, little by little, she is starting to "hear the music" through the spirit. It has also been a really neat experience teaching her because it forces us to go back to the basics and really consider how we got a testimony of these basic doctrines for ourselves and how we first felt that these things were true so that we can help her feel it as well. I feel very blessed to have the opportunity to work with her.
Juliette is doing great as well! We are just finishing up the review on all the lessons and we are right on track to have her be ready for her baptism! She is so excited, it is so cute. She is the greatest missionary I have ever seen. Every week she brings at least 2 friends with her to church and tells us that they want to be taught the gospel. She is a referral machine. The best part is to hear her share her testimony with her friends though about she knows that our church is the real church of Christ. This week we were also able to meet with Roberta, and things are going well! Actually a pretty incredible story happened with her this week. So before Sorella McFarland left Roberta wanted to have us over for dinner. While we were there she also invited a friend to eat with us. After the meal was over we did a spiritual thought about the Book of Mormon. As we were talking about it her friend jumps in and says "oh yeah, I have one of those. The missionaries gave it to me about a year ago. I never read it, though. I think I will start reading it tonight." Needless to say we encouraged him to do so, and told him we would love to talk about it another day. Miracles all around!
Speaking of miracles, this week we picked up two new investigators and I am so stoked to tell you guys about them. Their names are Salvo and Giovanni. So last week we had to got to the train station to try and get sorella mcfarland a train ticket to go to palermo. We did to run over before DDM, but the machine wasn't working so we just had to leave and try again later. While we were turning to go Salvo stopped us, asking us if we were American. We told him yes, and that we were missionaries for our church. We then gave him a pass along card and didn't think much of it. Then later that day he texted us asking if he could come meet with us in the church. We set up an appointment for a few days later. Sure enough he showed up, and even brought his friend Giovanni. He truly is so prepared for the gospel. During out first lesson together Salvo told us his experience at the train station. He told us that it was as if someone had grabbed him, turned him around, and said "talk to those girls". He was raised a catholic, but doesn't practice much because he feel that there is a lot of corruption in the church. During our last lesson we taught the Restoration, and at the end we gave him a copy of the Book of Mormon. After we said the prayer he looked up at us with tears in his eyes and said "I am so happy - I have never had a bible of my own. I have never had a book like this to hold in my hands and to call my own. Thank you." I was so struck by how much he treasured that book - made me think about how many times I have taken it for granted in my own life. We are really excited to see where things go with him.
I truly do feel so blessed to be here as a representative of Jesus Christ and to do this work. Thank you all so much for your love, support, and prayers that have carried me throughout my mission until this point. I hope you know that I have felt and continue to feel them each and every day. I love you all so much. Have a great week :)
sorella marsh
No comments:
Post a Comment