Buon P-day! Gosh I can't believe I am already back here writing again. Somehow the weeks just keep flying by. But it was another great week for us here in Crotone!
First thing's first - we are almost 100% ready for Juliette's baptism!! We have literally had to see her just about everyday this week to finish all of the lessons, but we will finish up the last one tonight and then she will be ready to go for her interview tomorrow. Meeting with her has seriously been the highlight of each day though. This week we finished up teaching her all of the commandments, and it has just been so incredible to see her make all the necesarry changes in her life to be baptized. And she is always so willing to do it! She seriously is incredible. The best story I can think of to describe her is when we taught her the law of tithing and fast offerings. We went through and explained both laws and in the end showed her how to fill out the tithing slip. When we asked her if she would live both of these commandments not only did she agree immediately without any hesitation, but she also asked us to translate the rest of the slip so she could understand what other organizations she could contribute to as well. She honestly just has the biggest heart - she is so willing to do anything and everything she can to help and serve someone else. I love her so much. So now we just have a full-filled week of actually planning the baptism and she will be ready to go!
We have also seen a lot of good progress with our other investigators as well! We are continuing to teach Glory, she is so adorable. My favorite thing about teaching her is just seeing how much she loves the book of mormon. She carries it with her to each of our appointments and always brings it to church. In church if there are any scriptures read in class or in any talks she always opens up and tries her best to follow along. She always loves to read during our lessons and will stop us and ask us to explain words that she doesn't understand. She really is a sweetheart. We are continuing to work with Slesia as well! We have decided that in order to help her understand better the role of Christ we need to focus more of our teaching in the Book of Mormon and encourage her to be reading more. So this week we just sat together and started reading. She feels the Spirit when she is with us, we are just trying to help her understand that the Spirit that she feels is a testimony of the truth of what we say. She'll get there though. She is the sweetest, most gentle, and I think the most patient person on the planet. Please continue to keep her in your prayers, I know the gospel would help her so much. On that note I would also like to ask you to keep Roberta in your prayers as well. We have been continuing to work with her and she is still just having a really hard time with the loss of her husband and she really needs help and comfort at this time.
I really do feel so blessed to be working here with all of these incredible people. We truly do see miracles everyday. This week there was the miracle of all miracles - get ready for this one. For the first time ever in my whole mission I was actually let in to someone's house while out knocking doors! We went out in the morning trying to contact some less actives. Incredibly enough we actually found one at home. After we left her house we went out to do some finding, when sorella puzey turned to me and asked if casa and casa usually worked in the area where we were at. I told her that I had never tried, but that it was worth a shot. So we trying to ring some doorbells, but turns out the door where we were at was broken and we couldnt actually get it. So we went to the palazzo next door. The first door we knocked the woman said she was busy, but that we could come back another day. Then we felt weird staying by her door, so we decided to go all the way up to the top of the palazzo and just work our way back down. We knocked the first door and no one answered, We moved on to the next door and a middle-aged man opened up. I told him that we were missionaries from our church and that we had a message about Jesus Christ and asked him if we could come in and share it. He shook his head yes and invited us in. At that point I just looked at Sorella Puzey completely cluless as to what to do. Haha luckily she maintained her senses. Turns out this mans name is vincenzo. He met some missionaries on the street years ago. He tried to come to our church but could never find it. We started talking a little bit about the Book of Mormon when he ran back to his room and got his copy that the missionaries had given him years ago. He agreed to meet with us again to talk some more! Can you believe that?? The Lord truly is preparing people.
I can't believe how blessed I am to have this opportunity to be a missionary! I truly do love this work and I am so grateful to be a part of it. Thank you so much for all of your support from back home. I love each of you so much! I hope you have a wonderful week, and I will talk to you soon!
Sorella Marsh
No comments:
Post a Comment