Hello everyone! Happy p-day! Can you believe that the month of may is almost over?! What the devil! This one seriously just flew by. It feels like I just got to crotone, but somehow or another another month and another transfer has gone by. We got our transfer calls this week and it is confirmed that I will be finishing my mission here in Crotone! Which I am thrilled about :) we have so many incredible things going on over here and I am so excited to finish out working with these people. Sorella McFarland, however, is being sent to the blessed land of Palermo! I have been talking her ear off about it for days. Haha so you know what that means, I will be getting a new companion. Her name is Sorella Puzey and she is in the same group as Sorella Jones, so she has been serving for about 6 months now. I have never met her but I have heard great things about her, so I am excited to start working with her. It will be sad to see Sorella McFarland go though, I have really loved serving with her. But also with these transfer calls we got some fantastic news - sorella jones will be coming to serve in the calabria zone! Which means that I will get to do exchanges with her these last few weeks, so I couldn't be more thrilled about that. So that is what this next transfer has in store!
The work here is going great, growing more and more each day. This week we saw a lot of progress with our investigators, which is so exciting. This week we were able to meet with Juliette and fix a baptismal date! She is now officially preparing herself to be baptized on the 20th of June :) obviously we are thrilled about that. She is continuing to listen to the Book of Mormon and her testimony is growing day by day. This week she brought her sister and a few of her friends to church and during the gospel priciples lesson she bore her testimony about how the leaders in our church are real prophets of god. So awesome!
This week we also saw a lot of progress with Slesia. More than anything else our relationship with her grew a lot. She was having a bit of a rough week so we decided to take a step back from the lessons and just take some time to talk with her. During one of our lessons we felt like we needed to show her the talk "forget me not" by President Uchtdorf. She absolutely loved it! At the end we were able to have a discussion about what he said and she told us how listening to his words helped her feel at peace, and that she was a loved daughter of God. Such a rewarding moment as a missionary - to be part of the process of helping someone else feel the love that God has for them. She texted us a few days later asking for the website where we watched the talk so that she could listen to it again. She came to church as well and seemed to really love it. It is so exciting to see the progress she is making.
This week we also continued to work with one of less active families that we delivered brownies to. Their names are Sorella Tristaino and her daughter, Valentina. This week when we visited we felt like we needed to talk to them about temples and try to help them have a goal to go there. The lesson went really well, they absolutely loved listening to everything we had to say about temples and the love of God that we can feel while we are there. It was really incredible to see the complete change of heart that they had in comparison to the first few times that we tried to stop by and do small little spiritual thoughts together. There was a pretty incredible spirit when we talked about the temples that really touched them. Such an incredible blessing that our Heavenly Father has given us.
And to finish off we've got a highlight from the week. But it has some background, so let me explain. This week sorella McFarland and I decided that we wanted to focus on serving the members. The problem is that if you just go up to someone and say "how can I serve you?" most of the time they wont tell you anything that you can do. So we decided that to serve the member we wanted go and "heart attack" them. This week we had planned to attack the Sarcone family. I dont remember if I have already said this, but our investigator Roberta is the daughter in law of the Sarcone family. So yesterday we walked over to their house with all of our cut out hearts in a bag ready to do the deed, when we noticed that their was someone out on their front porch. As week got closer we realized that it was Roberta, and just as we were about turn and bolt she saw us -- caught red handed in the act. Words can't describe the look of pure confusion on her face. Haha she called out her mother in law, sister sarcone, who looked equally confused, and asked what we were doing. The only thing we could think to respond was "oh we are just passing by to say hi, we have a little thought that we want to share with you." Then horror filled our whole souls as we realized that we had to walk into this families home with nothing but a poorly cut out, wrinkled paper heart with a quote from president monson written on it. Haha I've never felt so sheepish. But they were nice about it, in the end we just ended up telling them the truth and we all laughed about it. What can ya do.
So needless to say, the work is going great and we are finding joy in the journey every step of the way. Thank you all so much for your constant love, support, and prayers. I am so grateful for each of you! Have a great week, talk to you soon :)
sorella marsh
No comments:
Post a Comment