Thank you everyone for your emails and pictures this week! It was so good to hear from you! And the best EVER to see all the pics of sonn going through the temple! YAY! Seriously nothing makes me happier as a missionary than to see a picture of my family at home all outside of the temple. A trip to the temple will have to be first on the to do list for when madie and I are both home :) and happy fourth of july! looked like you all had the greatest time up at midway. I'm so glad!
As for me it was another great week here in Pozzuoli! It was a crazy week, but so many great things happened that I want to tell you guys about. So I apologize in advance for crazy mess that will be this e-mail. Andiamo!
Okay so the majority of our work right now here in Pozzuoli is with new converts and less actives. One of the new converts we are working with is named Roselyn. She is from Nigeria, but she and her husband are here trying to make money for their children back home. Anyway, last p-day we got a call saying that Roselyn's husband Tofik had an accident and that he was in the hospital. Neither Roselyn or Tofik speak Italian so they needed us to go help translate. We got there and found out that Tofik had broken his ankle and would need to have surgery. The day he was going to be having surgery he was really nervous. He was scared to be having the operation, and scared that after he wouldn't be able to walk again because they would be putting metal plates in his ankle. Of course I instantly thought of my surgery in august when I had to get my bunions removed. It was such a neat experience to be able to talk tofik through the operation and let him know that I understood the way that he felt. It was just really cool to see how I was able to comfort him through past experiences in my own life.
But even cooler than that - tofik isnt a member of the church, but he accepted some priesthood blessings throughout the week he was in the hospital. When we asked him about it he said "I like when you pray for me. When you pray, my foot doesnt hurt anymore. This is a true church." COOLEST EVER.
Another new convert we are working with right now is Peppe. His story is INCREDIBLE. He is 75 years old and was just baptized a month and a half ago. Can you believe that?! His family is completely against it, but he knows that the church is true so he chose to be baptized anyway. So cool. Anyway, this week we taught him about geneology work, and I was really touched by what he said. We asked him why he thought geneology work would be important and he said "we need our ancestors and they need us. They made sacrifices so we could live here on earth, and now we must make sacrifices so they can live with us in heaven." I especially loved that after reading all the stories about my ancestry that mom sent. It made me particularly grateful for my heritage and the family I come from and the sacrifices they have made on my behalf.
Okay another highlight from the week - we are working with an investigator right now named amalia. She was an investigator a few months ago, but stopped making progress so she was dropped. But a few weeks before I got here the sorelle started working with her again. And this week when we met with her we were able to set a baptisimal date! I seriously was so thrilled. I have only met with her a few times but I can already start to see the difference the gospel is making in her life. The greatest.
Next highlight! My companion is an STL so she had to go up to Rome this week for a training conference. But because I always have to be with her, I got to go too! I got to spend the morning on a split with the Rome 2 sorelle, sorella nef and sorella udall! As you know sorella nef was my trainer and sorella udall was in the mtc with me, so it was a really great experice. Also while i was up there i got to grab my package that you sent from spain! Thank you so much! Everything was perfect :)
Okay last crazy highlight for the week. We went into a new part of our area for the first time this week, just to explore. Our ward mission leader says he has a really good feeling about that area, so he just wants us to spend more time there. He wants us to go find places to visit, he wants us to make friends with the locals, stuff like that. So while we were down there we were walking around when I saw a store that said "nutellegeria" so of course I turned to sorella baker and I was like OH MY GOSH SORELLA WE HAVE TO GO IN THERE. Haha my sweet tooth controls my life. Anyway, we went in and the people who work there were so nice. They ended up giving us free ice cream and nutella filled donuts. But the neatest thing about it was that I met my italian twin. I was talking to one of the workers and we found out that we both love soccer, we play the same position, and oreo is our favorite flavor of ice cream. Haha I know that isn't a lot, but it was so fun to go in a make a new friend. She was interested in the gospel as well, so I am super excited to go back and talk with her some more.
Well this weekly e-mail has turned into a novel, so I better wrap it up. Haha i love all you guys and I love being a missionary! Thank you so much for all your love, support and prayers. I couldn't be doing this without you. I am so grateful for all of your examples.
LOVE YOU.
sorella marsh
No comments:
Post a Comment