Sorella Marsh

Sorella Marsh
The missionary adventures of Sister Marsh as she serves the Lord in Rome, Italy

Monday, July 21, 2014

July 21, 2014

Cari miei,


Buon giorno tutti! So great to hear from you all this week :) thanks for all the pics of your trip in california! It was so fun to see everyone. I can't believe how big everyone has gotten! Little lydie has those long lovely locks of hair and wendy is up and moving on two legs! What the devil! You leave for 6 months and apparently everyone thinks its okay to keep growin up without you ;) but seriously, I am glad to hear you guys had a fun trip! The pictures all look beautiful. 


As for me things are just chuggin along here in Pozzuoli! This week I feel like the summer heat has come in full swing. I'm basically constantly covered in a layer of sweat, and I have to change my clothes at least two times a day. Haha so that has been a fun one. It really isn't so bad, except for that when it's hot like this it basically means two things. 1, everyone leaves and goes somewhere else where it isn't so hot. Or 2, they hide inside so they don't have to face the heat. Haha so that has taken a little blow to our work. But honestly it has been incredible to see that as we have continued to work hard and do our best, the Lord has continued to bless us. We had so many tender mercies this week, and we have a lot of great stuff to look forward to!

First little tender mercy this week - I got my package! I got the padded envelope that you sent in the mail. Everything in there is perfect, thank you so much! and I LOVE the scarf! It is absolutely beautiful. Thank you thank you thank you!

Sorry, had to put that little plug in there. One great tender mercy this week was that we finally got a lesson with a member! Member present lessons are kinda hard here just because our area is so big. Some of the members live over an hour away, so it can be hard to get people to come work with us. But this week we finally got a member to our lesson with Amalia! Gosh it was so great. It just made such a huge difference to have someone there that Amalia could relate to more easily. And best of all, Amalia agreed to come to church this sunday! Our member said she would go pick her up, so we have everything all set to get her to come to church for the first time! So so great :)

Another tender mercy from this week was that through all the summer heat, we got a new investigator! One day this week we headed out to a new part of our area to do a little exploring and to try to get to know it better. As we were walking around we walked past this lady who stopped us and asked us who we were. We told her that we were missionaries, and she said that she used to meet with missionaries like us a few years ago. She said she always loved meeting with the missionaries, so she invited us over for lunch. We went over to visit with her and ended up teaching her a little bit about the restoration. She accepted a book of mormon, said she would read it, and we have another appointment with her this week! She is such a sweet lady. Her name is Anna, and she is around 70 years old. She has so much faith and loves reading the scriptures. So we are really excited about that!

Also another not as important, but still really great tender mercy from this week was that all the American members here in our branch threw a little BBQ party for us on the base. Oh my gosh it was the BEST EVER. Hambugers, ruffels, rootbeer and homemade ice cream. I about cried I was so happy. Haha it's true that God knows each of us personally, and He knows the best way to motivate me to do this work is through my stomach. 

Another quick highlight for the week -  yesterday was my first day translating in church! I'll be honest I was a little freaked out, but it ended up being great! They stuck me in Primary to translate for some of the italian kids, and it was a blast. I absolutely loved it. I definitely didn't do it perfectly, there was a lot of stuff I missed here and there. But the two little girls I was translating for were so great. They helped me out with all the Italian I didn't know and we had a lot of fun doing it. So little by little I'm getting there!

So things over here are going great! We are getting into the dead of the summer, but honestly the work is moving forward and it is so exciting to be a part of it. We are so blessed to have these people to be working with. We have awesome new converts, investigators, and we are even making some progress with some less actives. Just goes to show that nothing can stop the work of the Lord -  not even the deathly Italian summer heat. Haha love you guys all so much! thanks for all your love and support. Until next week!


sorella marsh

No comments:

Post a Comment