Sorella Marsh

Sorella Marsh
The missionary adventures of Sister Marsh as she serves the Lord in Rome, Italy

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

July 14, 2014

Hey everyone!

Thanks for all the cute pictures of your trip out in SAN DIEGO! How fun! I am so glad to hear that you guys are having a good time :) You guys all look great out there in front of the temple - that honestly was my favorite thing to see! I'm glad you are all having fun, but not too much fun without me ;) This week was SUCH a great one here in Pozzuoli! Seriously just a week filled with miracles. We took a trip out to Sorrento today for P-day so I don't have a lot of time for e-mail, so I'm sorry that I dont have time to respond to everyone personally. But I wanted to make sure that I could fit everything in here!

So this week we had zone conference, which was the greatest! It was all about using the sciptures in our teaching, which was something I definitely needed. I learned a lot about how much more powerful our teaching can be when we use the scriptures. Also, I realized what little knowledge of the scriptures I actually have. Haha but that's the great thing about the gospel - with the help of our heavenly father and our savior jesus christ we can always improve. Also during this zone conference we got to have our personal interviews with president waddoups, which was really great. He is an inspired man and it is such an awesome experiece to have that one on one time with him. Also not nearly as important, but still pretty great - because there is an american base here in pozzuoli we got to have all sorts of american food for zone conference. Root beer, sunchips, chips ahoy. I about cried I was so happy. 

Anyway, the highlights from the week! First of all I want to tell you about the new investigators we got this week! The first one is a girl named Giuditta. Coolest story ever -  so the sorella from battipaglia came to do exchanges with us this week and one night while they were here sorella baker and sorella knudsen went out to do some finding. While they were out and about sorella baker stopped a lady on the phone, saying that we offer a free english course. The lady then gets back on the phone and says "I just met girls who do a free english course! Yeah, I'll pass you over!" So she passes the phone over to sorella baker, and the girl on the other line was Giuditta. She got on the phone and said "you'll  never believe this, but you are an answer to my prayers! Just this morning I got a job offer, but they told me I would have to learn english. 30 minutes ago I prayed to God to ask him to help me find an english course, and then you ran into my friend." Isn't that awesome?! Anyway, we met with her a few days later and she is the greatest. We met with her to tell her about english course, but turns out she is interested in the gospel too! Funny how God works sometimes :)

Okay the next miracle! this one is from one of our new converts Peppe, the one I told you about last week. So while sorella knudsen and I were on our scambie we went to meet with Peppe and teach him one of his new convert lessons. We meet with peppe in a park just by his house, and while we were in the middle of our lesson this man walks by and just stops and stares at us. I'll be honest, I started to feel a little uncomfortable when all of the sudden peppe turns to him and says "these are the sister missionaries from the church of jesus christ of latter-day saints! That is the church I go to now. Would you like to speak with them?" Turns out peppe has known this guy since he was a baby, and has watched him grow up his whole life. So next thing you know our new convert lesson turned into a lesson in the presence of a member! Peppe's friend is named Pasquale, and we were also able to meet with him again later this week. He is looking a lot to grow his faith right now, so we are excited to be working with him.

On to the next! So we recieved a call this week asking us to go visit one of our members who is in the hospital with lukemia. Her name is Lucia. We decided we would go there and teach her the plan of salvation. As we got there and started to teach she jumps in and says "no no no...I already know this. I don't need this. There is a woman down the hall - she is suffering and she needs to hear this." So in her cancer ridden body she hops up, puts on her robe, and walks us down the hall to visit this lady who she met in the hospital, her name was anna. We talked to her for a bit and got to know her a little better, then right as we were about to start the lesson when some of her family walked in the room. They looked at us and you could tell they had no idea who we were or what on earth we were doing there. Haha so lucia introduced us and said we were missionaries from our church. We ended up teaching a little bit of the restoration, and we have a return apointment with them for this week! There names are Mary and honestly I don't remember the other one...but we are excited to be working with them as well!

As for all the other work everything is going well! Our investigator Amalia is making is continuing to read the Book of Mormon and is progressing towards her baptismal date. The one thing we are struggling with for her is getting her to come to church...but we have some appoitments with members this week so we are hoping that will help. All of our new converts that we are working with are doing great. It honestly is the neatest thing to see these people who have just discovered the gospel and have such strong testimonies. I love it. 

Thank you all so much for all you do for me. I don't think I will ever be able to say how much it means to me, or how grateful I am to have such an incredible family at home. Side note for mom - i got the nelson news this week! Soaked up every word. Thanks for sending it each month, i love it. Thank you all so much for all of your love, support, and prayers. You guys are the greatest. I hope you have a great trip in san diego! Love you all so much!


sorella marsh

No comments:

Post a Comment