Sorella Marsh

Sorella Marsh
The missionary adventures of Sister Marsh as she serves the Lord in Rome, Italy

Monday, June 23, 2014

June 23, 2014

Hey everyone!


As always, so great to hear from you all this week! It's so fun to hear all about the trip in Spain! And it's comforting to think that I've got mom, dad, and madie over here on this side of the pond with me for a few weeks :) how lucky that sonn gets to take a little preview of her mission! Coolest ever. I hope you guys are having the time of your lives! I'm glad that everyone else is doing well too. Thanks for all the pictures and videos! I'm sure I make a fool of myself at the internet point for my reactions...but needless to say, I love them!

Well, I guess we'll start off with the big news for the week! We recieved our transfer calls on Saturday and I will be leaving Palermo. I will be traveling up north to go serve in the Napoli zone in Pozzuoli! So lot's of really neat things about that. First, Napoli zone which means napoli pizza. Can't wait for that one. Second, I will be serving with one of Sorella Mitsvotai's old companions, Sorella Baker. And third, you guys will never guess who is coming to take my spot...my MTC companion Sorella Sorensen! So lots of neat little connections all around :)

I will admit I have had a lot of mixed feelings about leaving Palermo. I am excited to get started in a new city and I really do feel like it is where the Lord needs me to be. But that definitely doesn't make saying goodbye to these people here any easier. Yesterday was actually a really special day in church. It was my last sunday, so normally I would just go up to give my parting testimony, but it just so happened that earlier this week the bishop had called me and asked me to give a talk. So on my last sunday not only did I get to speak, but I got to speak with John and Susy! Two of my favorite Palermo people :) We all spoke about missionary work and it was a really great meeting. But I would be lying if I said I wasn't relieved that the talk is over. Haha stressed over that one for DAYS. 

It will also be really  hard to leave the people we are teaching, but I am so grateful to know that Sorella Mitsvotai and Sorella Sorensen will be here for them. They are both missionaries that I know and love and trust and I know they will do such great work here. Such a tender mercy from the Lord. But even more than that, I know that the Lord is looking out for the people here. That was something I was reminded of in my scipture study today in Alma 26:6,7. This is His work and the people here are in His hands. I am just lucky enough to get to be part of the process. So all in all I know that these people here will be okay. 

Anyway, it has definitely been a new experience going through my first transfer with all sorts of emotions. Overall I have absolutely loved serving here in Palermo. It is hard to go, but at least I can go knowing that I am leaving Palermo better than I found it. Which is really comforting.

I know this isn't exactly the best time for a story like this...but I wasn't quite sure where to squeeze it in and it needs to be told. So earlier this week Sorella Mitsvotai and I were walking home from church with John. We were almost home when all of the sudden this waterfall came down from the balcony above us. Seriously just centimeters from our faces. If we would have been there one second sooner sorella mitsvotai would have been drenched. We all stepped back and walked around it, and john was like "it must be water from the plants...but...it's warm...." and that is when we turn around and saw our neighbors dog. peeing. yup, that is real life folks. I got peed on by a dog this week. Luckily it was just a few drips, but I'll take being pooped on by Merrick over that any day.

Anyway, there's your comic relief for the week! Haha can't wait to tell you all what life is like from POZZUOLI! Love you all so much! Thanks for all your love, support, and prayers :)


sorella marsh

No comments:

Post a Comment