Sorella Marsh

Sorella Marsh
The missionary adventures of Sister Marsh as she serves the Lord in Rome, Italy

Monday, June 2, 2014

June 2, 2014

Ciao Tutti!

I know I start every letter off this way, but I just have to say thanks again for all of your e-mails this week! Just when I think you guys couldn't be any greater somehow I am still amazed every week at how lucky I am to have you guys rooting for me back home. Thanks for all of your love and support, seriously it means the world. 

It was another great week here in Palermo! I wish I had time to write about everything, but for now I want to tell you guys a little bit more about our investigators we are working with right now. So first there is Vincenzo and Lila. I know I told you guys a little bit about them last week but I'll try to give you a little more details.So Lila has two sisters that are less active members of the church. What is really neat about that is that she remembers a lot about the church. When we first met her she was like "hey I know you! You have a golden bible that was hidden under the ground!" You don't get that response as a missionary very often. Haha anyway, she remembers a lot about the church so she is a lot of fun to work with. What is really cool is that she heard these things over 20 years ago, and still remembers so much. Obviously a lot of this stuff really struck her, so it's been so awesome to see her rediscover a lot of the things she heard her sisters being taught about. Vincenzo is also really great. He doesn't have as much faith as Lila, but he is much more open to the idea of the Restoration. All in all they are an awesome couple. We had a great lesson with them this week about the Book of Mormon and they both agreed to read it and pray to know if it was true! So we are really excited to be working with them.

Next is Pasqualino. I dont remember exactly what I already said about him, but we found him one day doing finding on the street. Basically he had to main questions - why god allowed bad things to happen in the world and what made our church different than other ones. We have only been able to meet with him once so we haven't gotten to talk much about his questions, but we did leave him with a Book of Mormon and a Restoration pamphlet and he said he has been reading both! Unfortunately he is moving right now so he doesn't have a lot of time to meet with us, but hopefully this next week will be better!

The last person we are working with right now is Erika. As I'm sure you guys remember we have been working with her for a while but she is starting to make some progress again! We went over to visit her earlier this week and she had the Book of Mormon up on display in her house. Turns out she's been trying to get her family to read it. Coolest, right?! She also wants us to start teaching some of her friends about her church. She seriously is so great. The only problem is we still just have to keep working on that baptism thing. She has so much potential, and Sorella Mitsvotai and I both feel that she is so close. Earlier this week we were all in the church a little before FHE. Sorella Mitsvotai and I were talking to Erika when Suzy came in (Suzy is the new convert who just got baptized about 3 months ago). Next thing we know we are talking about Suzy's conversion story. Then John and Riccardo come in, 2 other youth who are recent converts. They bore their testimonies about the truthfulness of the gospel and the blessings of baptism as well. The Spirit was so strong, it was such a great experience. Erika felt it too. She is such a great girl and has such a strong desire to do what is right. I know the gospel would bless her life so much. This seriously is the craziest thing for me...I have never wanted something for someone else as badly as I want Erika to accept the gospel. Please keep us and her in your prayers this week. 

So all in all we have a lot going on over here! The work is going forward and I am so grateful for the chance I have to be a part of it. Sorella Mitsvotai and I have been working hard and keeping busy. In fact we have literally been running from appointment to appointment. Haha and I absolutely love it! It is so crazy to me how much I love this work. Never in a million years would I have ever thought that I would spend all day everyday going out and trying to meet new people and actually be happy doing it. Another miracle of the gospel! Thank you all so much for your love and support. I am so grateful that I have such an incredible family supporting me back home. How did I ever get so lucky?! Keep up all the good work at home! You guys are the greatest.

Until next week!


Sorella Marsh.

this little guy has stolen my heart. He calls me sorella sorridente, which means smiley sister. cutest ever.
 Sorella Mitsvotai and I at chefalu!

 Meet alessandra! she is an investigator of the other sorelle.
 playing the minute to win it oreo game for FHE :)

No comments:

Post a Comment