What in the world how is it already monday again?! This past week flew by! It was definitely an incredible one and I have lots to tell you guys about, but first of course we have to start with a fathers day shout out to dad! I don't know how I ever got so lucky to get him as my dad but I am so grateful I did. I hope you know that I was thinking about you over here pappy. In church we had a lesson about the priesthood during relief society, and I was just overcome with gratitude for being raised in a home with a righteous priesthood leader. Then in gospel principles we talked about obbedience, and again i was reminded of what a great example dad is. Tithing in specific came to my mind. If there is one thing I will always remember about dad it is his faithfulness in paying tithing, and humility in always recognizing that our many blessings come from the lord. And as if that wasn't enough, he's also hard working, selfless, and a pretty funny guy too. All in all, I couldn't be more grateful that I get to have him as my dad! Sure love you papps, I hope you had a great day :)
Speaking of our awesome family...I GOT ALL OF YOUR PACKAGES!! Thank you SO SO SO much! Sorella Nef came down to Palermo to get her permesso so she brought down the mail from the office with her. It was like Christmas in June. Everything was absolutely perfect! I got the one from mom, the one from dad, and the one from Sonn. You guys are all the greatest. I love all of it :)
Okay, on to this week! This one was an incredible one for us, filled with all sorts of miracles. I wish I could tell you about it all but I'll try my best to get in the highlights! So to start off we got new investigators this week! The first one is Nancy. She was actually a referral from the Anziani, but we had our first lesson with her this week. She is a single mom with the cutest little boy. She has been going to different churches for a few years now searching for the truth. We taught her the plan of salvation and once we finished she said "wow...I really like this. It just makes sense." Coolest ever. We are really excited to teach her again this week. Next is Anne Marie. Sorella Mitsvotai and I met her on the street one day while we were out doing finding. The great thing about Anne Marie is that she is from America, which means we teach her in English! When we met her she said she wants to find God more in her life, so we told her we could definitely help her with that. We are really excited to start working with her.
I can't remember if I have already told you about Maria Scalisci, but she is another investigator that we started working with this week. We also met her on the street. She was watering some flowers on a tree so we stopped and asked her what it was. Turns out that it was a gravesite for her son that had just passed away a few months ago. She and her family are having a really hard time adjusting to the loss. My heart was broken for her as I saw the pain that they are going through, but I was so thrilled that I had the opportunity to bear testimony of our Heavenly Father's plan for us and to tell her that she would be able to see her son again. It was such an incredible experience, one that I will never forget.
We also had a really great experience this week with the less active member we are working with. Her name is Sorella Albamonte. We started working with her back when sorella nef is here, so it has been a while. We visit her at least once a week, but we havent really been seeing much progress with her. The deal with her is that she doesn't want to come back to church until she feels spritually ready. She doesn't want to do it just to make someone happy. Which is important, but she is a stubborn on that point. Haha anyway, it was her birthday this week so Sorella Mitsvotai and I decided last minute to make her some cookies and bring her flowers. We had to run to the store a few time because I kept forgetting ingredients (mission brain, its a serious problem) but we finally got them all ready. So we headed over to her studio but turns out she was super busy with work. She wasn't able really to talk to us so we just had to leave the cookies and flowers and go. So we were a bit bummed about that. Then just when it seemed like our efforts were totally wasted, we got a call from her the next day saying that she is gluten intolerant and can't even eat cookies. WOOF. haha I just about died. So we were trying to plan a time to go see her again when she said that maybe she would come to church! Then I 




really just about died. Haha the fact that we even got a "maybe I will come" is a miracle. So what do ya know the cookies that she couldn't even eat did the trick. Charity never fails.
honestly though, charity is something that I have learned a lot on my mission, especially from the Italians. I have never met so many people who are so big hearted and willing to love you from the moment they meet you. I love it. For example this week on the street I met a woman at the bus stop. I wanted to start talking to her so I told her that I liked her necklace. Next thing I know she was taking it off her neck and putting it around mine. Or for example this week we had a lesson with Lili (which was incredible) and she pulled out some cookies for us to munch on, then left us with the whole bag. It's just little things like that. They are always looking for ways that they can give and serve and be helpful and I absolutley love it.
I hope all is well at home! Thank you all so much for your love, support, and prayers. I dont think I could ever put into words how much it means to me. You are all the best and I can't believe how blessed I am. Love you!
Until next week!
Sorella Marsh
Mt. Pelligrino!
Surprise birthday party for Sorella Anderson
Reunited with Sorella Nef!
Broke down and bought a fan this week. Turns out it's not so easy to assemble when the instructions are all in Italian.
This is Ape. Funniest little cart things that the people drive around.
This is Irene Aiello. She is a ward missionary, and works in the Strasburgo zone
with Sorella Mitsvotai and I.
Yay for new clothes! The elastic waistband works wonders :) Thanks again!






No comments:
Post a Comment