Buon p-day! So great to hear from you all this week! Thanks for all your e-mails, pictures, and the videos! Man there is nothing greater. I can't believe our little miss Wendy turned one this week! Who said she could get so big?! I'm glad you guys all got to have a fun party with Mom and Madie. Also I'm glad to hear that E&F are still killin it in soccer. You keep that up. And moo face too! I was laughing pretty hard at that picture of Lydia wanting to eat Wendy's cake - she must get that from me. Way to go D&O on your big bike ride! You guys are animals. And sonn finished her papers!! Greatest news of the day! I can't wait to hear the great news! Rome, Italy. I'm callin it :)
Okay first of all there are some things that I didn't get to say last week that need to be said. First, the mini coop! My baby! "I didn't even get to say goodbye." (sonn I'm counting on you to get that reference.) All is well, I know it was her time to go. The new car looks pretty great. Next, last week I did the most awful thing. I ATE SEA URCHIN. I don't even know how to spell that word but man it was wretched. Sorella Nef and I were just out doing some finding when we decided to talk to some guys at a food cart to ask them what they were selling. Turns out it was sea urchin, so they asked us if we wanted to try it. And here in Sicily it's like an unwritten law that when someone offers you food you don't turn it down. So, we ate. Oh man my stomach is still churnning just thinking about it. NASTY. But sorella Nef took me to get some cannoli after, so we made up for it. So there's the crazy story for the day!
Now on to this week! Sadly there isn't much to report as far as the work goes...we had some more struggles with our apartment and we ended up moving rooms, but now they are just fixing the old one for us to move back to in a few weeks. So right now we are just kind of in a little bit of limbo living between the two. It took up a good chunk of time this week, but hopefully we have it all worked out now. Unfortunately this week we did have to drop one of our investigators, which was really sad. It was Erika, and we had to drop her because she doesn't understand the need to be baptized. She believes in Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon, but she doesn't want to be baptized. But we are still really hopeful for her. She said she would continue reading the Book of Mormon and coming to church, but because she wont be baptized she can't be considered a progressing investigator anymore. So we will still see her all the time. In fact she took us out to the beach at Mondello today! It was beatiful. Anyway, just a minor set back. All will be well :) as for Gaspare we had to pass him off to the Anziani because it is just easier for them to meet with him. But as far as I know things are going well! So we are excited for that. And our other potential Francesca is starting to make progress! She came to church on Sunday, which we were thrilled about. She is SO cute. I don't understand much of what she says, and she doesn't understand much of what I say, but somehow between all of our conversations she understood that I love Nutella. So she brought me some to church on Sunday. Man Italians are great. So that's that! We've got a few other potentials that we are hoping to meet with this week, so we've got lots to do! The good news is that we got our transfer calls this week and my whole district is staying the same. So we can continue working together to get all the work done!
This week we were the luckiest and we had some meal appointments with some families in our ward. It was so much fun! It is just so amazing to see how the gospel can bless families. A lot of these members are converts, so I love to talk to them about their conversion stories. Hearing all of their experiences has strengthened my testimony so much of how the gospel strengthens family relationships. And of course it made me so grateful for the incredible family that I have, and the knowledge I have that we can live together forever. Can you believe how blessed we are?! Love you guys!
The highlights for this coming week is of course General Conference! Gosh we can't wait. We haven't been able to watch the womens conference yet, but we are hoping to see it this weekend as well. We are especially excited for conference because we have a lot of potentials/investigators who agreed to come watch! So stay tuned for next week, I'm sure some great things are going to happen :) I hope you guys have so much fun at all the family parties! Eat an extra donut for me!
I think that is about it for me this week. Thanks again for all of your love and support! Can't wait to hear from you guys next week. You are the greatest!
Love you!
Sorella Marsh
argrigento temples from last week
had to climb- just couldnt resist!
found some blossom trees! Shout out to meadowcrest drive :)
italian children...melt my heart.
my first cannoli!
MONDELLO. Erika, her friend Olga, Sorella Nef, and me.
Erika and I on the beach of Mondello!
Reunited with Sorella Vickers at mission conference!
shout out to Rachie! does this girl look familiar? :)






No comments:
Post a Comment