Sorry it might be a bit of a short one this week. We went up to Agrigento for P-day today so we are getting to our internet point a little bit later than usual. I'll try my best to get everything squeezed in here though! Thanks everyone for writing, you all sound like you are doing great! First of all, I can't believe that there is actually a picture of mom playing with a dog! Who knew that would ever happen. She is the cutest little thing though! I'm so happy for you D&O! And I died at the videos of Wendy and Madden Mike! Thanks so much for sending those. I can't believe how big they both have gotten!
So the highlight of the week for us here in Palermo was definitely mission conference. The entire Catania zone got to go to Catania to hear from Elder Kearon and it was absolutely incredible. Apparently they haven't done a mission conference here in Rome for years so we were really lucky. Also, Rachie served in Catania so it was super cool to see some of the places where she would have been. I even met the sister that she trained! I don't have my card reader with me right now so hopefully I will be able to send pictures next week. Anyway, mission conference was SO great. We talked a lot of things, but what really stuck out to me was how we can improve our finding. I'll be honest, that's probably the thing I have struggled with the most as a missionary. I mean I already struggle talking to people in Engish... throw another language in there and I'm sunk. Haha but since mission conference it has already gotten so much better. One thing that Elder Kearon talked about that has been really helpful was "becoming our message." He talked about how our message has to be more than just what we say, it's who we are. The things we are out here teaching need to be real to us. So that is something that I have been working on in personal study this week - coming to a greater knowledge and understanding of who I am and the message I am here to share. It has already helped me to have greater confidence to go out and share the gospel. It's a work in progress, but it is definitely coming!
Our investigators are doing well! We weren't able to meet with either Gaspare or Erika this week but they are still making progress. We are hoping to meet with both of them soon so we can keep things going in the right direction! We also picked up another potential investigator this week. Her name is Francesca, she is 14 years old and super cute. Her aunt is a member and she has been coming to church with her for years, so we always just thought she was less active. Turns out she's actually not baptized! So we talked to her about taking the lessons and she said she would want to, she just has to talk to her family about it. So keep your fingers crossed there!
I'll try to answer a few of your questions, sorry I haven't been very good about that! So,our English class is great. I teach the advanced course and there are usually about 12 students that come. They are so much fun, English course is honestly one of my favorite things. We have zone conference every transfer, but we wont this next one because of the mission conference. For P-days we usually start the day off with our grocery shopping, then whatever else we want to do! There is a lot of incredible stuff to see just here in Palermo, but we do get one P-day a transfer to travel out of our zone. So lots of fun stuff to do!
Well I think that is about it for me this week! Sorry I wasn't able to write very much. I hope you all have a great week! Thanks so much for all of your love, support, and prayers. Love you all so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment