Sorella Marsh

Sorella Marsh
The missionary adventures of Sister Marsh as she serves the Lord in Rome, Italy

Monday, March 17, 2014

March 17, 2014

Ciao mia famiglia!
HAPPY GREENIE DAY! Who knew that I would get a whole holiday out in the field just to celebrate being one of the green things in life? Needless to say, this St. Patricks day has been a great one. Italians don't do much to celebrate St. Patricks day...at least not that I have noticed. Today we just ran some errands and got a little shopping done. But don't worry, Sorella Jackson and I made sure to get some gelato while we were out and about. I almost considered getting pistachio flavor "just for the occasion" but then decided against it. Sorry pappy, I'm still not converted.
Anyway, thank you all so much for your e-mails! As always, it was great to hear from you. Thanks for keeping me updated on all of your lives! I'm sorry that I don't have time to respond to everyone personally, but I'm so glad to hear that you are all doing well. Dad I hope everything is going well with getting ready for your big ol trip to this side of the pond! Thanks for your spiritual thought this week Mom, it was greatly appreciated. Ricky and Tisha how fun that you are getting into soccer season with the boys again! Ricky I loved reading your story about going into the primary as Joseph Smith. The power of simple doctrines is something that I have gained a strong testimony of as a missionary. Teaching simply is about the only option I have because I can't really say much... but I am a firm believer :) Doug and Kim I can't believe you got to go to California! Lucky bums! Wendy looked absolutely adorable in all the pictures. I hope you had a great time. D&O...you did NOT get a puppy!! That's the greatest thing I've ever heard! (Sorry mom). I need to see pictures! Allie and Mike I cannot believe that Madden talks so much now! That is crazy! I can't even imagine it. I love getting all the pics of him. Keep those comin. Sonn keep it up on your anatmony quizzes! You're so close to finishing!
As for me things are going along just great! It was another eventful week here in Palermo. Things got a little crazy these past few days. To make a long story short, we had some problems with our apartment so we will be moving within the next few weeks. It was a little hectic but I think for the most part we got everything worked out. Anyway, on to the more important stuff! So, every Wednesday we do FHE with the youth here. This week we desided to watch the Testaments. I was a little stressed about it at first because the whole thing was in Italian without subtitles, but it actually ended up being a really great experience. Between the acting and the Italian I could understand, I could get the gist of what was going on. But it was so neat to see that even though I couldn't understand everything I could still feel the Spirit so strongly testifying of the Savior. It was also comforting for me to realize that it can be the same way for my investigators. It doesn't matter if they can't understand me perfectly as long as I am teaching by the Spirit, because that is what will testify of the truth to them.
Another highlight from this week was that we had a fun Relief Society activity to celebrate the 172(?) anniversary of the Relief Society! There was a little program and a few members gave some talks, then we missionaries shared a little message and we all played a game. Then we all ate some treats and the presidency handed out little ceramic gifts that one of the sisters had made for everyone. It was so great! The members here are really incredible people.
Speaking of incredible members. Neat story - this week we had a meal appointment with one of the sorelle in our ward, sorella DiSalvo. While we were eating she was telling us a story about how her aunt moved to South America, then the granddaughter of her aunt moved to America and married one of the grandchildren of Elder Nelson. Then she pulls out here photo album and shows us all pictures from Jake and Aileen's wedding! Crazy, right?! What a small world. So I don't know what that makes us, but turns out I've got family here in Palermo! 

Everything else here is going well! We were able to meet with Gaspare a few times this week and he is officially a progressing investigator! He is super busy with work so we aren't able to meet with him very often, but we take what we can get and hope for the best! We have one other official progressing investigator right now, her name is Erika. She is 16 years old and was a referral from the Anziani. We have only had a few lessons with her but things are coming along! She is Catholic and very strong in some of her beliefs, but she is very genuine about wanting to find the truth. She is also friends with some of the youth of the ward so that is really helpful. We have a few other potential investigators that we are hoping to work with too. So all in all we've got lots of work ahead of us!
I think that's about it for me this week! I got the St. Patricks day cards that mom and sonn sent, they were the cutest! Thanks so much. I also got the Nelson News which was the BEST! So great to hear what everyone has been up to. Thank you all so much for your love and support! It is the most comforting thing to read how many loved ones I have out there rooting and praying for me. I don't know what I ever did to be so blessed. Thank you all so much!
Love you all! Until next week :)
Sorella Marsh

 my first meal appointment! These are members from palermo 2. the nicest!
 pday a few weeks back. chefalu!
  the flowers that the anizani bought us for womens day. it was a great holiday.
 suzy's baptism!
 suzy's baptism!
 this one time i ate a really good cake...apparently i really enjoyed it. im embarrassing.
 happy greenie day! This is the welcome greenie present the sorelle bought me. His name is Gerry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment