Sorella Marsh

Sorella Marsh
The missionary adventures of Sister Marsh as she serves the Lord in Rome, Italy

Monday, December 8, 2014

December 8, 2014

Carissimi Miei,

thank you all so much for all the great pictures and videos this week! What in the world everyone is HUGE. I guess time does that! So fun to see all those cute faces, and to hear what you guys are up to back home. Thanks for all the updates :) you guys are the best.

Man this week was nuts. haha i seriously don't even know where to begin! We'll start of by saying that I got to go out and do more exchanges this week, so that was exciting! Sorella Clyde and I went out to Pescara to spend a day with the sorelle there. It was absolutely beautiful out there! It was a really great experience. I spent most of the day doing finding with the sorelle, and it's always great to get new ideas and to see how other missionaries do things. Hopefully they were able to learn something from us too. We had a little bit of a slip up with the bus ride home...almost went to L'aquila instead of Rome, but other than that it was smooth sailings! When we got back to rome Sorella Clyde had to take off to Sardegna to pick up her permesso, but she forgot some of her papers so what was supposed to be just a quick 2 day trip has turned into a whole week of us being in a threesome here in Rome. So that has been exciting! We are now trying to squeeze all the work of two companionships into one, so we've got some pretty jam-packed days ahead of us!

Unfortunately because we have to squeeze everyone's work in we weren't able to see all of our people this week that we would have wanted to. But it was still a really great week! We were able to see Leonardo, and his lesson went so well! We just sat down and took some time to talk to him about the spirit. We read from President Uchtdorfs talk recieving a testimony of light and truth, and went through and walked him through the process he has to go through to recieve his testimony. What we are really trying to focus on right now is getting him to consistently pray and read the scriptures because that is how is testimony will come. I dont think he really understood that before. So little by little we are making progress! He is such a great man. 

This week we also had more success with our less actives! I can't believe how many meno attivi are responding to us here in this area...it is absolutely incredible. It has strengthened my testimony so much that truly the Lord never forgets us. This week we met with two members of the Farias family, thelma and elena. The whole family are members, but we just met with thelma and elena before english course. We had a really good lesson with them about how the Lord doesnt ask us to be perfect, he just asks us to try our best. I am really excited to be working more with them. We also met another less active named rosa. She is SO cute, and her family is adorable. Her husband and kids aren't members, but they are really open to hearing about the gospel. They haven't been coming to church lately because the husband got busy with work, and the kids are sick and rosa feels overwhelmed bringing them to church on her own. But they said they would love to have us come visit them, so little by little we'll see what we can do to help them :)

The last family we met with is the navarro familiy, and they are still semi-active. They come to church pretty frequently, but usually only for sacrament meeting. But they asked us to come work with them so we could help them be ready to go to the temple. They want nothing more than to be ready for the temple when it is finished. They are from Peru but have been living in italy for over 25 years. Unfortunately a few years ago sorella navarro had a stroke, and had to do speech therapy to gain back her speaking. Because of that experience she forgot nearly all of her Italian, and is embarrassed to go to the regular temple preparation class. They are so sweet though, I am really excited to be here working with them. There is nothing greater than the temple and knowing you are helping people to be able to enter.

To add to the craziness of this week, it is also the end of the transfer. Which means that on saturday we recieved our transfer calls. Turns out I will be staying here in rome as the STL for a ROMAN CHRISTMAS! Which I am stoked about :) Sorella Argyle will be heading down to train down in Battipaglia - can you believe that? She is getting blown in training! She is so ready though. She is going to be so awesome. Plus she'll get to go to pozzuoli for exchanges, so naturally I have been talking her ear off about how wonderful it is down there. But because she is leaving that means I'm getting a new companion, and we don't know who it is yet because I am training too. So there you have it! Honestly I'm pretty nervous about it, but if the Lord trusts me then I will try my best to live up to the calling. But a few prayers our way every now and then probably couldn't hurt anything ;)

Well that about sums it up for the week! Its gonna be a few hectic days a head of us, but we are excited about it. A lot of change coming up, but that's never a bad thing! That's what these misisons are for, right? Speaking of change, quick crazy story for you. So yesterday one of the senior couples had us over for dinner, and once we got there they welcomed us in and sorella wardel said I hope you guys are hungry, we are having potatos and chicken! And deep inside me i felt...relief. complete relief. I couldn't have been more stoked to eat good 'ol american chicken. Haha i guess thats what happens when you have a week full of meat appointments eating sea food and all sorts of other questionable things. So there you have it, chicken has officially made it into the acceptable meats catagory. Miracles happen. Haha thanks so much for all of your love, support, and prayers. I love you all so much and I hope you have a great week!

Sorella Marsh

beaches in pescara
kind of bad pictures taken from the bus...but this was what the ride looked like up to pescara. i was dying! transported back into provo canyon.
 rainbows in rome :)
the first day i actually wore my rainboots while it was raining. tough luck with the weather here.
 sorella argyle and i in a pretty part of town

No comments:

Post a Comment