Sorella Marsh

Sorella Marsh
The missionary adventures of Sister Marsh as she serves the Lord in Rome, Italy

Monday, December 15, 2014

December 15, 2014

Carissimi Miei,
 
Merry Christmas!! Okay okay not quite yet, but we are just so thrilled for it over here! It is such a wonderful time of year, and I am so grateful for the time I have to talk to others about Christ during this season. We are feeling the christmas spirit in full swing, that is for sure. Also it might have something to do with the fact that I got all of my christmas packages when i went to capi conference this week! Thank you all SO SO much! I got the two from mom, one from ricky, one from doug, and one from dantzel. So all is accounted for! I honestly can't express how grateful I am for all of you. Thank you for making me feel like such a loved and cared about missionary! I haven't opened any of the packages yet, I am being good and waiting until christmas. So they are tucked safely away in my room :) GRAZIE MILLE! 
 
Well things are just chugging away here a Roma 1! I couldn't be more thrilled to tell you that I have my new companion! Her name is Sorella Jones and she is from Elkridge, Utah. She graduated from SUU in outdoor recreation in parks and tourism with an emphasis in education. Basically means she's super laid back, loves to be outside, and loves to work hard. So she is a fantastic companion :) she is filled with so much energy and so much desire to do the work, i absolutely love it. Its also a lot of fun to be with a new missionary. You just notice lots of little things that to you have become normal, but really are actually pretty cool.
 
Anyway I picked her up on Thursday from the villa and we got straight to work! Remember when President Eyring came to our ward and I told you about the member who brought her mom, Anna? Well we have been working with her little by little ever since she came to church, but finally last week Barbara (the member) came up to us and said you need to just go stop by my mom. Its been to long since the meeting and she will forget what she felt. So just go stop by. So that's what we did! We took her a little popcorn ball (classic Christmas tradition) and went to go stop by. We rang the citofono and got buzzed in! Then when we actually got to her door and rang the doorbell no one answered. We were super confused, and we were about to leave when Sorella Jones suggested that we leave her a note. We were just going to leave it there with the popcorn ball when we got the idea to ring the nextdoor neighbor's doorbell and ask if we could leave it with them. Turns out thats where Anna was! She let us in her home and we talked to her a little about her thoughts and feelings about the church. Her daughter was baptized years ago so she is pretty familiar with the church, but agreed to let us come back and talk to her about it more another day! So we are thrilled about that. First day in the field with Sorella Jones and we get a new investigator! how about that for new missionary magic :)
 
We were also able to contact another less active this week, so that was an incredible miracle. Her name is Immacolata, and she is about 80 years old. she is such a sweetheart though. Someone we can definitely help to feel the love of the Savior more in her life. Unfortunately we had a bit of a tougher week with the rest of our less actives and our investigators. Between the craziness of transfers, poor scheduling, and a lot of people going out of town for the holidays we weren't able to see anyone this week. We talked to Luca over the phone though and he is doing well! Still reading in the book of mormon, so that is fantastic! Leonardo was sick this week so we haven't met with him, but we should see him soon this next week. So we had a bit of a rough one but we'll pick it up this next week! We're getting back into the swing of things and I cant wait to see the miracles that are going to happen.
 
One highlight from this week though was that we had our ward Christmas party! It was so great. I love the members here, they are such incredible people. Unfortunately none of our investigators were able to come, but we did have a few of our English course students show up! so that was really great. For the party the members put on a Christmas program, complete with a choir and little play of a christmas carol. It wasn't the muppets, but close enough :) It was such a great night though. It was so fun to be with all the members and celebrate this Christmas time. It is a pretty incredible experience to be a representative of Christ during this special season. 
 
So all is well in Rome :) we have specialized training coming up this week, so sorella clyde and I will be giving another training. I am a little nervous about it, but excited for the opportunity to help the other missionaries. We've got some appointments set up with new potentials for this week as well so we are excited to get to work! I love being a missionary, especially at Christmas time. I love the feeling of giving all that I have to serve the Lord, just as he gave all that he had for us. Can't wait to see you all next week! I love you!
 
sorella marsh
Merry Christmas from Rome :)
 Saying goodbye to la coppia wardel
 goodbye to sorella argyle! so sad to see her go - i love this sorella.
 SORELLA JONES
 christmas stocking :) i dont care to admit how much of the candy is already gone.
 sorella kennedy! she is a new misisonary here who went to london with madie! such a tender mercy to talk to her for a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment