Sorella Marsh

Sorella Marsh
The missionary adventures of Sister Marsh as she serves the Lord in Rome, Italy

Monday, November 3, 2014

November 3, 2014 - Rome 1

cari miei,

What the devil I am writing to you guys from Rome! Can you even believe it?! The realization just keeps hitting me over and over again and it is just so surreal! Thanks everyone for all your emails this week. As always it was so great to hear from you. Best news of all sonn has an italian trainer! coolest ever! funny how that works because turns out two of the sorelle I live with now both speak spanish :) so we can learn together! I've got lots to tell you guys about my new area, so ready or not, here we go!

Sorella Argyle. My new companion. She is fantastic. She is from west jordan utah and is in her third transfer. She works so hard and has such an incredible desire to serve the Lord, and already speaks Italian like a native. We get along super well and I think we are going to have a great transfer together. She actually speaks spanish because she lived in Argentina for 3 years while her parents were mission presidents. So needless to say she has got this whole mission thing down. I am so excited to be working with her.

As for my area we are in the northwest-ish part of Rome. To answer your question mom you have probably been here. Most of the tourist sights are in our area - including the Vatican! So that is super neat. The apartment here is nice. It is a 4 man apartment so it is fun to be living with other sorelle again. We are relatively close to the mission home and office, but we dont go there very often. So as far as letters go probably best just to send them to my home adress. Which is - via villata, 28 00166 roma, italia

The ward here is fantastic. It is HUGE so that is definitely going to take some getting used to after being in my small little branch in Pozzuoli. The members here are great though. In fact, yesterday we went to go visit some members who know Rachie! They are the Silva family, and Rachie first taught the two boys. They all still love her, so that was super fun to talk to them about her.

As for my week it was a good one! I spent the first few days in Pozzuoli making last visits to people to say goodbye. It was hard to go but I am really excited about being here in Rome. There is a lot of potential here and I think we will see a lot of great things. I even got to meet one of our investigators! His name is Harrison and he is from Nigeria. He is a great man with a lot of faith, I am excited to be working with him. We also got to go to a seminar this past weekend about how we can use geneology more in our missionary work, and I was really hit by it. Geneology can be such a powerful tool in conversion, and it is definitely something I want to try to use more in my missionary work.

I think that is about it for me! We've got a lot of exciting things coming up this week, including zone conference and interviews with president. So that will be great! All in all I am excited to be here. It was hard to leave Pozzuoli and it always takes a few days of adjustment in a new area, but I already love it here in Rome. Thank you all for your constant love, support, and prayers. I love you all and I will talk to you next week!


sorella marsh

No comments:

Post a Comment