Yay it was so great to hear from you all this week! E-mail time is always the highlight of p-day. Don't get me wrong, italy has some pretty incredible stuff to offer, but nothin beats my family :) thanks for all of your emails and pictures! I loved reading about all that is going on at home. Not to mention that I got my Thanksgiving package this week, complete with pilgrim suckers and everything! What more could a girl ask for?! Thank you so much. I definitely feel like a very loved and very blessed missionary.
This week was a great one for us here in Rome! I have so much to tell you guys about. I've only been here a week but we are already seeing so much progress in our area, which is really exciting. I'll give you an update on all of our people first. Our main investigators are Harrison, Marivel, and Dyanne. Harrison is doing great. The Sorelle met him outside of the grocery store where we do our shopping a while ago. We really wanted to start teaching him somewhere inside so we could have the spirit more in our lessons. This week we were finally ale to meet with him inside his house, and if that wasnt good enough we got to meet his wife too! She is fantastic. Her name is Mabel and she is really interested in learning more about the gospel. This week we taught her and Harrison about the plan of salvation. we were talking about the spirit world when she stopped us and said I would like to know more about this spirit world. where can I read about it? so we quickly turned her to Alma 40, and we are excited to follow up with her reading this week :)
Our other investigator Dyanne is doing well also. Remember the Silva family I told you about last week? Dyanne is the girlfriend of one of the sons. We have a great time teaching her :) Right now we are really just trying to help her to get active. she spends a lot of time sitting around at home, so when we do lessons with her we sometimes go for walks, and we also do zumba every once in a while. And yes, I am just as bad at zumba as you all probably think I am. Haha another "never thought I would do this on my mission" type of moments. But its great to spend time with Dyanne and to help her out. She is so great. She lives with the Silva family and has known about the church for years. So she has a lot of knowledge about the gospel, but she is hesitant about being baptized. So we are trying to work on that with her.
Our other main investigator is Marivel, and she is fantastic. She actually has a sister in Spain who is also taking the lessons from the missionaries, so maybe one day Sonn will run into her! This week we taught Marivel the gospel of Jesus Christ, and it went so well. she has so much faith, it blows me away. At the beginning the lessons she offered one of the most heartfelt prayers i have ever heard. She has had a lot of trails in her life, but she is finding peace and comfort in the gospel, and particularly in the Book of Mormon. It is such an incredible experience to be part of the process :) she came to church with us this week and everyone in the ward just LOVED her. She already fits right in!
Other highlights from the week of course include zone conference! It was a bit stressful this time around, but still great nonetheless :) also because I am now serving as a sister training leader I went to the conference that is held for all the leaders of the mission the day before. It was a bit overwhelming and I definitely have a lot to learn, but I am excited for the opportunity I have to serve the girls in my zone. Part of that included giving a training at zone conference, which I am not going to lie, was absolutely terrifying. But it went well! Sorella Clyde and I gave a training on giving the baptismal invite and maintaining baptismal dates. I feel like I learned way more than I probably taught anyone else, but it was a good experience all around.
Zone Confernece is always great because we get the direction and inspiration that we need for our work. During zone conference our zone leaders encouraged us to put an emphasis on finding, in particular going through and calling all the people on our phones. They called it FLUSH. (finally look up some homies. haha my zone leaders are great) anyway, we decided to put it to the test! And we have already seen miracles. We have appointments set up with some old contacts for this week, and someone actually came to church! disclaimer: this story doesn't exactly exploit my strengths as a missionary, but it was cool so I want to tell you anyway. We went through and started calling all the people on our phone. We just took turns back and forth. We would call people and ask if they wanted to meet with us and invite them to church. In the two days after zone conference we had gone through and called at least 50 people. Then on Sunday morning we went to the train station to meet Marivel for church, so we got there a little late. While we were waiting we got a text from the Anziani telling us that there was an Antonio at the church looking for Sorella Marsh. Unfortunately i must admit that for the life of me i could not remember who Antonio was or what I had said to him. but he actually came to church! We met up with him there and now he wants to continue coming! He is going out of town this week but says we can meet with him when he gets back :) proof that we really do have inspired leaders over here.
Also another crazy thing - there was a code red weather warning this week! It was such a crazy storm. We were actually told to stay inside because it was supposed to be bad. The wind was crazy and there was wind and hail the size of walnuts. I may or may not have gotten stuck in it for about 10 minutes walking home from the bus. It was insane! But we survived and all is well. haha so there is the crazy story of the week.
Well i think that about sums it up! Sorry if i didnt answer all of your questions. ask me again or I will most definitely forget what they were. haha I hope you all have a great week! Thank you for your constant love support and prayers. love you!
sorella marsh
Pictures from Pozzuoli
Finding out Dantzel and Oliver are having a baby!
Receiving her Halloween package in Pozzuoli.
when sorella baker came to visit - in that picture rina is with us!
Here are our first pictures from Rome 1 - The Vatican!
Getting caught in the storm.




No comments:
Post a Comment