Happy cinco de mayo everyone! I hope you guys do lots of fun things to celebrate. Eat some cafe rio for me. Thanks everyone for all of the pictures and e-mails! I'm so glad to hear that everyone is doing great. I can't believe that Sonn made it to London! Welcome to my side of the pond bummie :) so fun to see all the cute pictures of her! Can't wait for it to be for reals in SPAIN! Woot woot! I'm glad to hear that everyone else is doing well too! I can't believe how blessed I am to have such an incredible support system at home. You guys are the greatest. Love you so much.
As for me, this week was another great one! This week we actually got to go on a little missionary vacation and do exchanges in Siracusa! Siracusa is on the other side of the island and it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. But the best part about Siracusa is that Sorella Vickers is serving there right now! I don't know if you guys remember, but Sorella Vickers was in the MTC with me. She was actually in my district. So it was super fun to see her again! We actually got to be companions for one day of the exchange! That's right, they put two greenies together who don't speak the language and let us go for it. Haha it was super fun, and I think we only did minimal damage. It actually really was great though to see what it was like to go through a day without my trainer. Don't get me wrong, I still have tons to learn, but I was surprised by what I could do. It's a slow process, but it is definitely coming :)
Another highlight from the exchange was that we were able to be trained on the family history work course, which I am super excited about. I'll be honest, I haven't always been the best about doing family history but I think it will be really great. When Elder Kearon came for the mission conference a few weeks ago he said that Sicily is sitting on the edge of a cliff. If it tips one way it will just explode with work, but if it tips the other it will crash. He said that the key to pushing it in the right direction is family history work. He also said something about family history work being one of the greatest tools for retaining new converts. So we are excited to get things going here! It was also great to take a chance and think about my own family history. I am so grateful for my heritage and for my ancestors who have come before me. I have a lot to live up to, that's for sure!
So overall the exchange was great. It was super fun to be with the other sisters and it was nice to get out into a new area for a few days. It was definitely a much needed break, but we are excited to get back to work in Palermo! Actually, funny story about that. So as we were on the bus ride back to Palermo I was starting to think about the work we have cut out for us to do. I was excited to get back into my own area and get back to work but I was starting to get a little nervous and overwhelmed. Right at that moment "we will rock you" came on the radio on the bus. Haha I seriously just starting laughing out loud. Heavenly Father has a great sense of humor. He knows just how to pump me up.
Anyway, we had the greatest thing to come home to in Palermo...a BAPTISM! Two of the anziani's investigators were baptized on saturday, and it was incredible. Their names are sesay and hawanatu and they are the greatest people. They have so much faith, I admire them so much. The greatest part was when they bore their testimonies after they were baptized. It was so simple, but so powerful. It is so incredible to see the difference the gospel can make in people's lives. It still just amazes me that I get to be apart of it! I love being a missionary and I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be here.
Also, another cool thing going on in Palermo - their soccer team beat Catania this week, so the town is just INSANE. Rosa e Nero flags everywhere, and people are just loving their lives. Haha it is crazy, but so great.
Thank you guys again for all your love and support. I love you so so much! I can't wait to skype on sunday! Best mothers day ever!
No comments:
Post a Comment