Ciao Tutti!
Gosh it was SO great to see you guys yesterday! Thanks so much for changing all your schedules around so we could make that happen. I'm sure it wasn't easy, but I loved being able to see all of you! Best mothers day ever :)
Since it was mothers day and everything, I want to start out this e-mail with a shout out to my incredible angel mother. I seriously feel so blessed to be your daughter mom. Thank you so much for your amazing example. I have learned so much from you about how to be selfless. I love that you always put the needs of others above your own. If there is ever something you can do to help someone else you don't even give it a second thought, you instantly drop everything and do whatever you can to serve. I am also grateful for your righteous example and strong testimony. I am grateful for the choice that you and dad made to be married in the temple so that our family could be sealed together for eternity. Thank you for sharing your testimony with me in your spiritual thoughts each week. Hearing your testimony strengthens mine each week :) you're the best mom. I love you so much and I can't believe I get to be your daughter!
On that note, I want to tell you guys about a neat experience that happened to me this week. So, since sorella nef and I dont have a lot of investigators right now we have been practicing teaching the lessons to the members in our ward so we can still be improving our teaching skills. This week we taught the plan of salvation to Sorella Giambona, a single mom. We went through and taught the lesson, and at the end I was bearing my testimony that I knew the message that we had shared was true. As I was doing that I got the feeling that I needed to talk about grandmother. I wasn't sure exactly why, but I felt that I needed to share with Sorella Giambona the experience I had at grandmothers funeral. I remember being in the room with all of our family before they were about to close the casket. I don't remember who exactly was standing next to me, but someone turned to me and said "that is the last time we are ever going to see her." When I heard that, I felt inside of me that I knew it wasn't true. I knew that I would see her again. And I know that we will all see her again because of the plan that our loving father in heaven has for us. I don't think I could ever express how grateful I am for that plan, or for my incredible family. Love you guys so much :)
Another great highlight from the week was of course Riccardo and Veronica's baptism! I know I talked a little bit about them yesterday, but I'll sum it up again. They have both been simps for a really long time. Each of them for about a year I think. They have both had to work hard for a long time to prepare themselves for baptism. But because of all their preparation it was such an incredible experience. The spirit was so strong there. And I honestly have never seen two happier people in my whole life. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be here and to see the difference the gospel can make in people's lives, and to be a part of the process.
As for this next week we will be getting things ready for transfers! Sorella Nef will be heading up to Rome on Wednesday and my new companion should be here thursday or friday. I am grateful for everything that I have learned from Sorella Nef. She has been a great trainer and she will be awesome in Rome. I haven't heard much about my new companion, but from what I have heard she sounds really nice. So stay tuned for the updates with all that next week!
Thanks again for all of your love and support everyone. I can't believe how blessed I am to have you guys as my support system. How did I ever get so lucky?? You guys are the greatest. LOVE YOU.
Until next week!
sorella marsh.
No comments:
Post a Comment