Sorella Marsh

Sorella Marsh
The missionary adventures of Sister Marsh as she serves the Lord in Rome, Italy

Monday, January 13, 2014

Letter #1

Ciao mia famiglia! 

First off, thank you thank you thank you for all of your dear elder letters and e-mails! And for the package too! I feel like the most blessed missionary! I loved hearing from all of you. Thank you all for thinking of me! I'm so happy to hear that all is going well with everyone. Also, Happy Birthday shout out to Tisha last week and Dad tomorrow! 

Life at the MTC has been just great! I'll admit, it took a couple of days of getting used to. The food was a little hard to get used to but I am learning to like it! They give me rootbeer so really what more can I ask for? The schedule was a little hard to get used to at first too. Lesson #1 I learned at the MTC - always sleep with your clock by your bed! The first night here we were all going to bed when a couple of sisters decided they were going to get up at 6:00 so they would have plenty of time to shower and get ready. But my companion and I decided we wanted to get up at 6:30. So we went to bed and then in the morning an alarm went off. I remember hearing it and just thinking there is absolutely no way...it cannot be time to get up yet! I was so glad I still had 30 more minutes to sleep. So I went back to bed then woke up a while later and I was just like oh my gosh...that was way longer than 30 minutes! I totally slept through my class! Then I realized that none of the other girls were up and I was like oh no we all slept through! So finally I climbed down my bed and dug through my bag to find my alarm clock only to find out that it was 4:43 in the morning. All that stress for nothing. Haha so now my clock has its own little place right next to my bed.

My district is great! We are made up on 6 sorelle and 2 anziani. So it's a little different than most but I really like it! Our zone its pretty much all girls too. I think we have 9 boys total. So crazy! It's been fun to get to know so many of the girls though. They are all so great. It's going to be a rough day when we get split up between Rome and Milan. 

So my companions name is Sorella Sorenson (crazy, right?) and she is from Lehi, Utah. Honestly I am so blessed to have her! She is a rock. We are very similar and get along very well, but we both have different strengths and weaknesses so we work well together as a companionship. I already have such a strong testimony of companions and why the Lord sends us out two by two. Just the other day Sorella Sorenson and I had companionship inventory and it was the greatest thing. It was just some time to talk about things that are hard about the MTC and missions in general and figure out what we can do to help each other. She has already been such a blessing to me and I feel like I can learn a lot from her.

Italian is coming along! As you have all heard I am the luckiest in all the land and I get SORELLA MILES as one of my teachers! Oh my gosh it is the best ever! Right now she is acting as one of our investigators (Valeria) so we have been teaching her lessons. It was such a cool experience the first day we taught her! I'll admit it was pretty tough. It was hard to know what I wanted to say to her and not be able to communicate it. But it was so incredible to see that even through the little and very poorly spoken Italian that Sorella Sorensen and I could say we could still feel the Spirit as we taught her. It was so great to experience something a little closer to what it will be like to teach people in Italy! After the lesson I was so pumped to get over there. It just felt so real! I could truly see Rachie as Valeria, someone who needed the gospel and I was there to help her! And I get to follow in the footsteps of my awesome cousin! I feel so so blessed.

Yesterday was a great day too, I absolutely love sundays at the MTC. My district has started referring to them as "spiritual P-days." Haha just such a great chance to feel the Spirit and learn more about the gospel. For our movie we watched the Character of Christ by Elder Bednar - look it up. SO good.

And of course today was temple day! That was the best ever! After the session Sorella Sorenson ran into her uncle's mom and she was the kindest sweetest lady.  As I was talking to her she said she felt like she needed to stay after in the temple for some reason, but she didn't know why. Turns out it was to talk to us! She just talked to us about how much our families will be blessed from our service, and it was exactly what I needed to hear. Then later I ran into Chase (Hannah's boyfriend) in the cafeteria and he said he is in Madie's ward at liberty square! Those were just both such comforting experience where I felt such peace knowing that even if I am not with you guys Heavenly Father is looking out for you. And I am so grateful for that! 

I have seen a few other people that I know in the MTC too! I ran into the girl who went through the temple with me, so that was super neat. I also saw Dalton Moller, my FHE dad from hampton court, my co-worker from Pappa Murphy's, and Dylan Ross from Murray. So lots of friendly faces!

I think that answers everything that you guys asked me...sorry if I missed a few questions! Hopefully next week I will be a little better about learning how to manage my e-mail time. Sorry I can't respond to everyone individually! But that you all so much for your letters. I love hearing from you. 

Thank you all so much for your love and support. Seriously it means the world. I love you all so much and I am so grateful that I get to be with you for eternity! 

Until next week!

Sorella Marsh

No comments:

Post a Comment