Sorella Marsh

Sorella Marsh
The missionary adventures of Sister Marsh as she serves the Lord in Rome, Italy

Monday, April 6, 2015

Another update from Elder Teixeiras' visit to Rome

(from Steph's mom) This is a pretty sacred experience so I hope it is ok to put it on Steph's mission blog.  Remember a couple of weeks ago when Steph reported that Elder and Sister Teixeira came to Rome for some trainings?  When I went to General Conference yesterday, my sisters Sylvia and Rosalie were talking to Elder and Sister Teixeira.  They were Sam Webster's mission president and served some of the same time Sylvia and Dave did as mission presidents in Brazil.  Rosalie and Mike know them from working together in the quorum of 70.  Anyway, Sylvia introduced me and I said "you were with our daughter a couple of weeks ago in Rome".  They said YOU are Sorella Marshes mother?  I said yes.  They both grabbed my arm to tell me how very special Sorella Marsh is.  Elder Teixeira told me that photography and videography are his hobby and he quite often interviews missionaries.  He interviewed Stephanie.  He told me that her answers were unlike any other missionary he has interviewed.  He said, she is an amazing young woman and missionary.  Sister Teixeira said, you are so blessed to be her mother.  With tears streaming down my face I could only say "I know".  Elder Teixeira said, I literally interview hundreds of missionaries and your daughter is so special!  I am so grateful for this sacred experience I was blessed to have yesterday.  Stephanie really is such an amazing daughter, not just Rick's and my daughter but Heavenly Father's daughter.  I love her and appreciate the joy and blessings her missionary service have brought to our family.  Thank you Sylvia for introducing me to the Teixeiras and for sending me pictures.

Sister Teixeira and me
 Elder Teixeira, Sister Teixeira, me, Rosalie
Now I am just trying not to worry about the fact that we didn't hear from our sweet Sorella today...
JK, I am sure she is fine, just off doing something fun and/or important.  (I hope :))

No comments:

Post a Comment