another week come and gone! I can hardly believe it is already p-day again. As always, thanks everyone for all your emails and pictures! I cant believe how grown up all the little ones are getting. But they are all just as cute as ever. I'm glad to here that all is well for you guys back home! As for me, here is an update on life here in pozzuoli!
This week we did an exchange with the battipaglia sorelle. We did it here in pozzuoli so that was fantastic. Twice as many sisters so we get twice as much work done :) our work here is going great! Unfortunately we weren't able to see massimo again this week. His cancer treatments are making him pretty sick so he had to go to the hospital for a few days. We are hoping he will get better soon though. We also didn't get to see amalia, which was a bit of a bummer. She started work this week so she was pretty busy. But we're hoping this next week we'll get a lesson in to do some serious conference recap :)
We saw antonio twice this week, both lessons in the presence of a member. I can't even describe how much of a difference it made! We were able to feel the spirit so much more strongly in our lessons. Antonio is doing really well. He is consistently reading the book of mormon and praying to recieve an answer. He is going out of town this week, but before the end of our lesson he asked if there was a church where he was going. So we looked it up real quick for him and he said he will go! He's a great man :) We were also able to see manuela this week, she is doing great too. She is so incredible. She has been pretty sick lately because of her chemo treatments, but she never complains about anything. She always just smiles and says the lord will help her through it. Such incredible faith. After we met with her last week we had left her a plan of salvation pamphlet to read and study. When we went to see her this week she said that she had been reading it and that she really liked it, but she wanted to buy the book that it kept referencing (the book of mormon). We couldnt help but smile at that as we pulled a copy out of our bags and said she could have it for free. We taught her a bit of the restoration this week and she loved it. She is absolutely incredible.
As for our recent converts and less actives everyone is doing great! Rina has officially stopped smoking for two weeks now! Woot woot! She is doing great. And little by little we are slowly getting her off coffe as well. She has made huge progress since we first started meeting with her. That honestly is probably the most rewarding part of missionary work. Is looking back to when you first met a person and seeing how many changes they have made, and how much closer they are to Christ. I love it. We also met with another less active this week, her name is Michela. She is less active because she lives far away from the church, so the sisters go out to visit her every so often. Neat thing about her and her family - they became converts because they all love Donny Osmond. Haha isnt that the greatest thing you've heard? It was great to talk to her a bit and help her feel the spirit. All of our new converts are doing great. We are doing this new thing with peppe in our lessons where he has to teach us, and it has been fantastic. He learns so much more and we do too! Roselyn and Janet are doing great as well :) I seriously feel so blessed to be working with all these awesome people.
And just enough time to finish off with one quick miracle! So i dont know if i have ever told you guys about Milena. She works at a gelateria here in pozzuoli. She met the missionaries about 2 years ago and went to english course, but got too busy with work and everything so wasnt able to go anymore. Then one day the missionaries walked in the her gelateria and she gave them free gelato. So we would go back and see her every once in a while and try to talk to her more about her experience with the missionaries. We dont ever have much time to see her, but we at least try to build up a friendship so she knows she can turn to us if she ever needs anything. Well I hadn't taken sorella anderson to meet her yet because we have been so busy, but this week on friday we went to go stop by and see her. It had been about a month since I had seen her and she told us about how things had been pretty hard for her at home lately. Her mom and her didnt have a good relationship and she was thinking about moving out. We gave her a hug and told her we would pray for her, which we did when we got home. The next day we got a text message from her saying - "I dont know if you prayed for me or not, but I know god put his hand in my life. Today my mom and I talked for the first time in a month. Thanks for everything, I love you." The power of prayer is real.
Speaking of prayer - I just recieved a phone call with some bad news. I dont know if you guys remember Lucia, but she is the member we used to go visit in the hospital. We just found out that she passed away this morning. Please keep her family in your prayers, they will really need it at this time. I feel so grateful that I got to know Lucia. I can honestly say that my testimony was strengthened from her example. It's times like these when I really think about how grateful I am to be a member of this church and the knowledge I have.
I love you all so much! I'm, am so grateful for the opportunity to be a missionary. Thanks for all your love, support, and prayers. Talk to you next week!
Sorella Marsh
No comments:
Post a Comment