hey everyone! sorry I dont have much time this week. We are going to see Mt Vesuvius for P day so we have to head out in a little bit to catch the train. Sorry I wont be able to respond to everyone personally this week, but thank you so much for writing! Luckily this internet point has a printer so I will be able to print off your emails and read them later this week!
This week was another great one to be a missionary! We had some incredible experiences. I dont remember if I told you guys about this, but last week we got a referal from our branch president and his wife. They brought a family to the activity at carney park, and they are incredible. We were able to meet with them this week and they seriously are such a great family. They have four kids, all of which are awesome. I mean the little two and a half year old was walking around offering us drinks when our classes were empty. Who does that! We watched the restoration film with them and after the little 9 year old was just pounding us with questions. It was so cool. The parents are obviously great as well. It was so fun to have the opportunity to teach them. Unfortunately they dont actually live in our area, they were just here on vacation. But we are working on getting more direct information of their adress so we can send them off as a referral.
As far as our work here in Pozzuoli goes things are just chugging along! We were able to see Amalia and Theresa this week, and I honestly could not be more thrilled. Lets talk about amalia first. So the first time we met with her this week we just had a much needed heart to heart. We talked to her about where her testimony is at, and how she was feeling about the church. She told us she didnt know if she believed that what we were teaching her is true. So we talked a little bit about prayer and what she has to do to recieve her answers. She admitted to us that she isnt putting in the work she needs to in order to recieve an answer. So that was really great that she realized that. She recommited to praying, reading the scriptures, and coming to chuch so we are thrilled with the progress she is making again. Later this week we met with her and watched the restoration. At the end she said she could feel her testimony growing of the truthfulness of the gospel. Greatest ever!
Our appointments with Theresa went really well also. She seriously is the most prepared person I have ever met to recieve the gospel. Every time we meet with her the Spirit is so strong. I wish I could think of the words to describe it better. She is just so sensitive to the spirit, and even recognized that it is the spirit that she is feeling. Earlier this week we met with her and taught her the restoration, and it went so incredibly well. At the beginning she said that she didn't believe that God would restore His church through a modern day prophet, but after we talked to her a bit more about it and testified of the necesity of prophets the spirit bore testimony to her and her whole idea completely changed. It was so incredible. At the end of the lesson we asked her to say the prayer, and it was one of the greatest experiences Ive had on my mission. We asked her if she would like to ask god if what we had told her was true, and she said yes. She started saying her prayer, and was so overcome by the spirit that she couldnt even continue. We sat there in silence for at least 5 minutes (you know I was just freaking out. never prayed so hard in my whole life) then when she could finally finish all she could say was this is too beautiful. There is nothing that is more beautiful than this.
Later this week we met with her and taught her the plan of salvation. That went really well also. She accepted everything we taught and told us that she believed everyone. Unfortunately we did run into a bit of a problem with how to get her to church. She doesnt have a car and she literally lives out in the middle of nowhere. So we are going to have to work a little bit harder with that one. Please keep her in your prayers. She is so ready for the message of the gospel, I know it would bless her life so much. We just gotta work a little harder to find a way to make it happen!
All of our other people are also doing great! Rina is making progress towards coming back to church, and even told us this week that she wants to stop smoking. So we are excited to help her out with that. All of our new converts are doing great as well. We actually had lunch yesterday with Peppe and his wife, which was a huge step. His family was very against him getting baptized, so we are really grateful that they are at least opening up to the idea of having us in their home.
Well I think that about sums it up for me! Thank you all so much for your love, support, and prayers. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be here as a missionary. I hope you all have a great week, cant wait to hear from you soon!
sorella marsh
No comments:
Post a Comment