Sorella Marsh

Sorella Marsh
The missionary adventures of Sister Marsh as she serves the Lord in Rome, Italy

Monday, April 14, 2014

April 14, 2014

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!

SPAIN SPAIN SPAIN SPAIN SPAIN!! CONGRATULATIONS SONN! I am BEYOND thrilled for you! You are going to be the greatest missionary, and you will be right next to me! So it will be perfect :) I did get to hear the news a few days early, so I'll give you guys a quick run down of how it went. Sorella Nef and I were at the internet point working on stuff for her permesso when we got a text from the office saying where the call was. I opened it up and instantly started crying. All I could say was "Spain! Spain! Oh my gosh she is going to Spain!" I am still so mad at myself that I forgot to have Sorella Nef film my reaction so I could sent it to you guys...but just know that I was thrilled. Looks like I'm gonna have to learn Spanish when I get home if I want to fit in the fam! 

Also not nearly as exciting news but still pretty great...I GOT THE PACKAGE! Thank you so so much mom! Literally days before I was so sad because I had given up hope that it would come, and I was just moping around saying "it would have had reeces eggs in it...I just know it would have had reeces eggs in it." Sure enough, you didn't disappoint! Also the shirts are perfect! I love them. As a matter of fact I am wearing the grey and white striped one right now! It's perfect. On that note I also got to bust out the sandals for the first time today! LOVE THEM. Good work mom al and sonn :) Anyway, I got the package and I was stoked on life. And if it couldn't get any better, I got the nelson news that day too! It was flawless, there must be a really good editor or something ;) thanks again mom and dad, and Brenda and Dick for sending the package from Germany!


This week was a pretty great one for me! We got to do some great work with our members this week, which was super fun. The family we worked with are called the Boscias and the live up in Monreale. They told us they had a few referrals for us so we went up to go check them out. The first referral was the farmer who gives them all their produce, and the second was their aunt. So we were excited to go meet up with the first referral, but what we didn't know was that we were actually going to his farm. So we got to spend the afternoon walking around an Italian farm, looking at all the animals and talking about the gospel! Coolest ever. And the guy ( I'm the worst and I don't remember his name, so I've just been calling him farm boy) was super nice and let us eat some of the fruit and veggies from his garden. I wish I could send pictures but we are at the internet point that gives everyone's sim cards viruses right now so hopefully I will be able to send them next week! Anyway, it was super fun and we have another appointment with him this week! The second referral went really well too. So Aunt Boscia is about 80 years old and she is the kindest sweetest lady. She has already started to read the Book of Mormon and is very sincere in wanting to know the truth. So we are excited to meet with her again this week too! 


Another highlight from the week - I made my first phone call in Italian! I called one of the youth in our ward whose name is John. The very first thing I said was "this is Sorella Marsh. I have to practice Italian, so please talk slowly!" Haha I am sure the phone call was very painful on his end, but I did it!

So one of the cool things about living in a Catholic country is just how openly everyone talks about Christ. For example, yesterday was Palm Sunday, so everywhere you went people were selling palm branches that you could buy to celebrate. They were beautiful and it was just really neat to have that reminder of the Savior all around. It got me thinking about Easter coming up this week and I am so grateful for the opportunity we have to celebrate it. I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of the Savior. I am so grateful to know that I can turn to Him during times of struggle and He will make my burdens light. I know that because of His Atonement He is the perfect source of peace and comfort for us in our lives. I know that He lives and that He loves each one of us individually and perfectly. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to share that knowledge with the people of Italy!

Thank you all so much for everything you do for me. I can feel your love, support, and prayers each and everyday. I cannot believe how blessed I am. I hope you all have a great Easter! Talk to you next week :)

Sorella Marsh

No comments:

Post a Comment