Sorella Marsh

Sorella Marsh
The missionary adventures of Sister Marsh as she serves the Lord in Rome, Italy

Monday, February 3, 2014

MTC week 4

Ciao everyone!

I'm glad to hear that everyone at home is doing well! Thanks for all the dear elders, e-mails, and letters! I loved hearing from all of you! Also, shout out to mom and Madie for the package! Thank you so much, I absolutely loved it. I'll spare my dignity and wont describe my reaction when I saw the caramel brownies...but needless to say I was excited. So thank you!
The family party looked and sounded like it was a hit! Mom, the Frozen theme...too cute! I was dying. Looks like it was so much fun! Don't worry, Rachie and I had our own little Italian family party here in the MTC :)

This week was another good one here in the life of a missionary! Lots of studying, learning, and growing each day. We didn't get any new investigators, we have just been teaching the same three. It has been a neat experience to kind of get an idea of what it feels like to have a progressing investigator. Seriously just can't even believe that in just about 2 weeks I will be in Italy and they won't be pretending anymore...what in the world.

Quick highlight from the week - get ready for it. So in class we have kinda small desks, so my stuff is always falling off and into Anziano Tanner's pile. One day this week my pen fell of my desk so I bent down to pick it up, but when I went to stand back up my skirt got caught on my foot and I just heard the most awful tearing noise that could only mean one thing....I looked down and sure enough I had ripped my skirt. I had an instant panic attack and my first reaction was just to shout "AHH! ANZIANI CLOSE YOUR EYES!" But no worries, its just a minor tear in the back. Nothing 50 cents and a quick trip to alterations wont fix. So that was great.

We had another fun experience this week where we got to do hosting. Our Anziani thought they were just signing themselves up, but turns out that when you sign up you sign up as a district. So next thing we knew we were all going to be hosting the new missionaries! The thing about it is just that I was actually the worst one ever. Turns out that if I have to watch girls say goodbye to their families I will just sit and cry with them. Then get us all lost. Haha also my arms just about fell off from carrying all the luggage. So needless to say it was an adventurous day. Luckily the girls I was hosting were nice and we all made it through the day together!

This week was also great because yesterday was fast Sunday! I'll admit, I had a minor freak out when I discovered that we were going to be fasting for 24 hours. Not my best moment. Also I was a little sad when I found out that the Mission conference would replace Relief Society and Music and the Spoken Word. But I ended up loving the whole day! I learned so much at the mission conference, and I felt so much closer to my Heavenly Father throughout the whole fast Sunday. Needless to say it ended up being a great experience. 

All in all, this week I feel like I have learned so much about how much our Heavenly Father loves us. That was something that our devotional speaker talked to us about last night. Throughout this whole week I have just felt that love so strongly. I won't go into telling all the stories, or we would be here all day. But just to sum up, I think I have prayed more in these 4 weeks as a missionary than I have in my whole life. Between district, companionship, and personal prayers we spend a good amount of the day on our knees. I want you guys to know that I know that our Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers. I know that He lives and that He loves us. We are so blessed to have that knowledge! And I am so grateful that I get to go to Italy to share that message with all the people who don't know it.

Thanks everyone again for all the letters! Pappy I hope you aren't too stressed with church and work! Mom, don't worry I am getting plenty to eat. I've mastered the MTC cafeteria. And thanks for the spiritual messages you send each week, they are always a highlight :) Ricky and Tisha thanks for the email from Merrick! I hope that all is well with you guys. I'm excited that Allie gets to come visit! Take lots of pics for me! Doug and Kim I got to watch the video of Wendy! She is quite the chatterbox, cutest thing! Kim, good luck with your blog! I am so excited for you. Dantzel and Oliver good luck with the new house! I hope everything worked out with that. Allie and Mike thanks for all the pics of Madden! His new hat...seriously?! I hope that all is going well with school and that you are lovin that Arizona sun! Sonn...you rebel you. Haha love you bum. 

Love you everyone! Until next week!


Sorella Marsh

meet the anziani in my zone. the one on the very end on the right is anziano tanner. the one who isnt in the air is anziano finnerty. they are in my district. they are SO great. i am 99% sure they based the character fix it felix off of anziano tanner. and anziano finnerty is dating one of the girls from my study abroad! so that is fun for us to talk about.
 funny story behind this girl. so one time we were leaving dinner, and this sister tried about 12 times to catch the door for me so she could keep it open. but she missed every time. and i was horrible and i just laughed at her. but now we are friends and it is great!
 remember this face?! this is my roommate madison from freshman year! she works as a security guard here at the mtc so i get to see her from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment